Thursday 22 March 2012

Ideas for my video piece

Film Ideas

I have come up with a number of ideas for films which I'm hoping will come together into something that makes sense...

  • Using my original underwater self portraits as inspiration, I will film myself in the same way, struggling to stay under water then exploding from the water to catch a breath - sounds of water and breathing.  I'll experiment with my little underwater camera to see if I can get any interesting underwater shots.

  • Film close up of me putting bright red lipstick on my lips - I have to take steroids because of an immune system disorder and they make me grow masses of facial hair that Ive been allowing to grow for just this moment!  Challenging gender restrictions, notions of disgust & attraction - why should women be hairless everywhere but their head?  Interestingly, Ive been losing hair on my head while its growing at an alarming rate everywhere else!

  • Experiment filming my face & hands underwater with paint as nail varnish & make up so that the water slowly lifts and dissipates the paint into the water.

  • On London Bridge in rush hour, all in white, me sitting cross legged with my back to the oncoming hordes of office workers.  Reading the communist manifesto.  Possible a personal space circle in white chalk around me.  This is one of the ideas that could be filmed in Super 8 depending on the light conditions.

  • Sandy beach, me in extravagant 50's red dress - walking slowly into the water as far as I can go & back. Possibly Super 8?

  • Contorting my body to fit child size spaces - kids playground?

  • In same outfit as London Bridge in Trafalgar Square - walk slowly around the lips of the two water fountains.  This could also be Super 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment