Tuesday 1 May 2012

1st May... panic sets in

Its been a while since I last posted, I have two blog entries in progress, one about the Gillian Wearing exhibition, the other ideas on finishes for my wood structure.

Ive been unwell, bogged down with sarcoid fatigue and pain, I managed yesterday to spend some time in the workshop making some rough cuts for my screens, it was hard on me health wise and left me a bit panicked about what I could or could not achieve in the time left.  I have to make 16 boxes, even if I go to the workshop on both Mondays and Wednesdays between now and the end of May I think I'd be hard pressed to get it done.

Ive taken the wood I cut home so I can see whats possible; if I were to cut all the wood at college - could I construct it at home?

I was part of a study the other day where we were looking at Engles 'The Family, Private Property & The State', it got me thinking on my wedding dress and the history of women as property expressed through the continued tradition of bride prices or dowry's - Ive decided this is something I should look into more, will keep you updatedE

Lots of ideas, so little time.




No comments:

Post a Comment