Friday 13 April 2012

Projection materials test

Today I did a test projection on different white materials, i was really excited by the results, none were disappointing, all gave an interesting effect so Ive decided to just use all the white material I have - saves money and should produce an interesting 'broken up' effect.

The best thing though was the projection onto the wedding dress - I loved it, I projected a couple of videos I had made before, then I had the idea of projecting a wedding onto the wedding dress so found some footage of the wills/kate royal wedding - I think it looks fantastic and I'm excited again about this whole project.

I have to give a nod to Pipilotti Rist here because when I saw her 'eyeball massage' exhibition at the Hayward, I was fascinated by her enormous collection of white goods which she gathered over years to project on to.  Also how all encompassing and immersive the whole experience of her work was, I loved that.

Here are the two materials test video's (they are also on the video page of my blog if you cant see them here)




No comments:

Post a Comment